Character artist – May 2002 -‐ March 2003
•Created character models for an unreleased game based on Quentin Tarantino’s movie Kill Bill.
I guess it makes sense that the developer of Thrill Kill would be the developer of this.
(Public Company; ERTS; Computer Games industry)
August 2009 — November 2009 (4 months)
Developed a the front end of Facebook game ‘GODFATHER GANGLAND’ using adobe flex 3 framework.
I guess EA wants to get in some of that Mafia Wars action.
There’s also an IMDb page for the game, which claims it is complete.
• Has shipped at least one online PC title
• Has shipped at least one game with an online financial model, including online stores and DLC’s…
Sims for Facebook or something could be a very viable threat to the Zynga empire. (Or SimCity for Facebook.)
Electronic Arts LA
I have to imagine this has been cancelled, but I suppose there is a faint chance it has not.
Expires on…………..: 2012-07-07.
Record last updated on..: 2010-07-08.
Domain servers in listed order:
Given that it has been established that the sequel to Arkham Asylum takes place outside of Arkham Asylum, I don’t think that it would make much sense to call it “Arkham Asylum 2.”
Also, despite not remembering this, the internet informs me that Arkham Warden Quincy—an original Arkham Asylum character—was running for mayor of Gotham in the first game, so I think it wouldn’t be a leap to assume these registrations are related to the sequel.
Based on Wikipedia’s science-fiction franchise page, I am inclined to believe it is one of the following: Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien, Predator, Riddick, Men in Black, or Stargate
If this is the same as Spark’s licensed sword game, I’m going with Star Wars.
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Lead Campaign Designer to work with the design team to ensure that all aspects of quest design, ranging from 2D concept layouts and design documentation to 3D mockups and final quests, reflect the vision of the game and fully utilize the strengths of our game mechanics. The Lead Campaign Designer will also work closely with a writer to make sure story beats are clearly integrated into the game. This position reports directly to the Lead Game Designer.
- Work closely with the Lead Designer to help deliver encounters that match the creative vision and product goals of the game.
- Work with Writers, Leads, and Design Team to develop quest concepts and themes.
- Direct the quest layout, scenario creation, prototype modeling, event scripting, entity placement, pacing, balancing and gameplay tuning.
- Assist in the development and realization of tools for the quest design process.
- Create and maintain various rules and best practices for performance and quest implementation.
- Rapidly iterate on quest design to maintain theme and gameplay, while keeping performance high.
- Support the team with ship-quality quests.
- Mentor/train other quest designers.
- Build relationships on the development team to facilitate idea generation and feature implementation.
- Create and update the associated game design documentation.
- Maintain excellent communication across the entire team.
- Experience working with licensed and/or franchised products.
- 5+ years of game industry experience in a mission design capacity where you have shipped at least two titles, preferably one of which is open world.
- Proven ability to prototype, build, test, and finalize in-game quests.
- Experience with creating Quest design documentation.
- Experience managing a team of designers.
- (Preferred) Experience as a senior designer (or greater) on a published open world or sandbox play-style game.
- (Preferred) Experience as a Lead Campaign/Quest/Mission Designer.
- Demonstrate overall game design process knowledge including, but not limited to, story and character design, quest design, AI design, player control, user interface, pacing, etc.
- Ability to design and build quest and encounter design using existing and proprietary tools.
- Passionate about games and able to articulate that passion clearly and analytically. A broad knowledge base of console and PC games.
- Be an expert on gaming trends, with a focus on open world and sandbox games like Prince of Persia, Assassins Creed, Red Dead Redemption, GTA and everything in between.
Going to say four most likely candidates are The Hobbit, Superman, Batman, and Sherlock Holmes.
Does this mean NFS 2011 is not Shift 2? I don’t remember the first Shift having any sort of story. Mayhap one of these?
Slightly Mad Studios
(Privately Held; Computer Games industry)
August 2009 — February 2010 (7 months)
Mostly worked on new open world technology but also worked on Need For Speed Shift 2.
I wasn’t really paying attention to EA’s E3 presser, but I’m pretty sure this was not announced.
I don’t mean to throw out a hypothetical that will likely not be the case, but the title does sort of sound like something that could be a spiritual successor to Star Control.
Platform: Xbox 360
Release Date: 11/16/2010
Whatever it is, it seems to not be the new James Bond title.